SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ccox_gw

Animal Cruelty or not?

ccox
18 years ago

Good morning all,

I know dog subjects are touchy, but I don't think this one will get us in trouble.

Here's the scenario:

Female dog, tied to rope/chain----not illegal.

Puppies, not tied and can sneak under "fence"---illegal.

Female----pregnant or pups ALL THE TIME---not illegal.

Dogs live on very heavily traveled road---pups near road constantly---illegal.

Vet care, vaccinations, doubtful----illegal.

The mother dog has had so many litters of pups in sucession that her poor teats are 6-8 inches long.

This owner has been in our small town since it really was a "small town". They own what used to be a car salvage place. They have a cadillac in the driveway and a nice pool.

I can't imagine that they make any money off selling these pups. The mom is a Pitt Bull, but the pups are all mutts. I believe she's fairly friendly, or at least not aggressive. I tried to catch her and a couple pups last spring when she was out on the road (dragging her rope). I never caught her, but she wasn't aggressive at all.

They are obviously well fed, and have water. I guess they have access to shelter because the mom's chain/rope must be over 100 ft. long and the folks have many out-buildings.

Here's my dilema----I have found several places in the County Code where the owners are out of bounds concerning these dogs. Since this is an "old family", do you think I have any chance of helping this poor dog? I just would like to see her fixed and have a collar instead of being tied around the neck with a rope and chain. That's all I want---heck, I'd even pay for it. Obviously, these folks could afford it if they wanted to (car and pool). Maybe I'm wrong.

Please give me your 2 cents worth on the matter. The animal control officer will be calling me back tomorrow.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus