SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nickerbokker

WHAT'S eating my green/yellow/orange bell peppers??

nickerbokker
14 years ago

HELP! I started my first garden ever just less than two weeks ago. We have three 4x4 raised boxes filled with all kinds of yummy things (some from seeds, some from starter plants). So far, my onions, garlic cucumber and zucchini are doing well (they are in one box)...my tomatoes and radishes are doing well (they are in another box)...but my bell peppers are doing terrible! All we planted in the third box were 2 orange, 2 yellow and 2 green pepper plants and some lettuce...the lettuce is growing like weeds, but my pepper plants are being attacked by something.

I am not even sure what is going on with them either. The leaves look like they are being slit off with a razor blade, but instead of them being slit off and carried away or eaten, they lay right next to the stalk (or inches away). One of my 6 plants, as of this morning, is literally all stalk with no leaves. I am SUPER upset, and have no idea what is doing this?

I am trying the "all organic" method..so am hesitant to spray with anything that is not natural, however I don't even know where to start. What in the world cuts off the leaves and parts of the stalk, but doesn't eat it??

All help is much appreciated! I can post pictures if necessary.

Thanks

nickerbokker

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz