SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michaeltodd_gw

General Help with our new Veggie Garden!

MichaelTodd
13 years ago

{{gwi:57539}}
{{gwi:57540}}
{{gwi:57541}}
{{gwi:57542}}

Hi everyone. I have got some basic questions, we are first time gardeners and want to be the best we can be, with some help of course!

First off we are wondering about spacing. The overview of the box above, has our tomatoes at the top (3), peppers in the middle and on the sides we have a Zucchini plant, 8 ball zucchini, endamamae and cucumber pickle. Wondering how all of this will turn out when they get bigger. If that needs to be explained better then let me know but I think I got it as I assume the experts have seen babies like ours before and can depict the plants :)

Next we are wondering why 2 strawberry plants just instantly died basically after being in the ground for 2 days, yet the others are somewhat ok. We have white spots on the zucchini plant and are unsure of what it is. Also, a lot of our leaves are getting brown on the tips and even some are almost fully brown (especially on the edamame). Could this be from over fertilizing the soil? Our guess is that we put to much fertilizer in the fresh new soil, and we came to learn with brand new soil u dont need to fertilize it at all really.

We were told that our baby watermelon and melon should not be in the box cause it could take it over, so we put it in the clear rubber container that is shown in the pics above with just the 2 plants. They havnt gotten to much bigger since moving them into the box, but since we bought the watermelon baby like 3 weeks ago, it seems to just be not growing or something. Is the clear container bad to have it in, maybe create to much humidity in the little box? We were thinking that...and if its to much heat in the box maybe line it with paper or something? Any help anyone can give is greatly appreciate.

We live on tecolate canyon in san diego!! Thanks for all your help!

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County