SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maurinsky

New to gardening - late start on veggie garden

maurinsky
17 years ago

I have a black thumb when it comes to plants. I've killed every houseplant I've ever owned, I have ugly bushes in my yard because I don't know how to change the landscaping, and my lawn is comprised of various scary looking green things that are most decidedly not grass.

However, I love fresh vegetables, and I was planning on buying a share in a community supported agriculture farm this year. I mentioned that plan to my father, and he called me the next day to tell me not to bother - he prepared a garden for me in his yard. So now I have to plant some stuff there.

It's already June 3, and I don't know if there is any point to bothering with seeds, but I have no idea where to go to get seedlings, have no idea how to plant or care for said seedlings, and basically have no idea what to do with that small patch of tilled dirt in Hebron.

To be honest, I'm not even sure what questions I should be asking aside from the above. So I need advice, and the advise should be delivered as if you were talking to a small child in non-gardening jargon, because that's how little I know about gardening.

Thanks.

Comments (11)