SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vicki_md

Stone dust getting everywhere.....

vicki-md
16 years ago

We have an inground pool and just this past spring had flagstone laid on the outside of the concrete that surrounds the pool. The flagstone was laid on stone dust with a filler between also of stone dust. Looks great. Problem is, stone dust is getting all over the concerete, in the pool, on the pool steps. I'm constantly either vacuuming it out of the pool or sweeping it if off the flagstones and concrete. I don't want that stuff in our pool filter all the time. Everytime it rains, stone dust pieces pieces everywhere. And even over several dry days, some stone dust will make it's way onto the concrete where it can be tracked into the pool. I'm sick of this....worst decision I ever made was to use stone dust as the filler. Can't afford to have it all removed but was wondering....is there some kind of sealer - maybe something like polyeurathane or some kind of an acrylic substance I can put on the stone dust to set it? I would vaccum up all the loose pieces and then put the sealer on. I wouldn't even have to do every inch of stone dust....just the area where I'm having problems and that is closest to the pool edge. What do you think? Thanks,

Vicki

Comments (3)