SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kcmojoe

Trying to decide... pond... rain garden... bog??? HELP

kcmojoe
16 years ago

I have attached a photo of my basic lot layout for my front and side yards. Due to how narrow my lot is my sump pump outlet pumps out water and it seams to almost run right back down into the drainage tile. I required the builder to add a 10 ft peice of PVC pipe to extend where the water is released but this just extends the water logged area.

basically I need help determining the best solution. I have about 15 feet from my sump pump outlet to my property line. I would like to frame a waterfall type design around the sump pump pipe on the exterior of my house, hiding the actual pipe. I am now trying to decide what to do next? a semi dry rock river bed? run the waterfall down to a pond? or just let it spill down the waterfall and build up the area with water resilient plants?

Basically I the waterfall type scenario is a must have ( I cant let go of the idea since I thought of it) but I dont want a whole bunch of reoccuring maintenance.

All suggestions welcome including plant ideas as I only have the LiR Hydrangea back there right now.

{{gwi:48480}}

Comments (5)