SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sunandshadow_gw

Want Lily or Rose seeds for postage

sunandshadow
14 years ago

I was trying to germinate rose seeds this year but mine all got moldy :( so I can't try again unless I can get some more seeds or hips. I am looking for large fragrant roses only, no multiflora please. All color are great, since I have only 1 yellow and 1 red rose in my yard so far. 'Surprise' naturally pollinated seeds are fine and most roses are hardy for my zone. (6) Tips on how to cold-stratify rose seeds in the refrigerator without mold problems would also be nice. I don't really have any seeds left to trade this year except one packet of purple foxglove and some old vegetable seeds, but if someone wants those I'll be happy to swap.

Lilies are fun - I bought 3 asiatics last year but one seemed unlikely to come back, and they are all somewhat boring solid color single flowers. So I would enjoy playing with lily seeds whether daylily, asiatic, oriental, or even cala lilys. I'm especially fond of doubles and bicolors, and I particularly like the darker colors (orange, red, maroon, purple, black) or a dark color contrasted with a light color in a bicolor flower.

I'm also starting to breed tulips, if anyone happens to have tulip seeds which are from Rembrandt (streaky colored) or unusually-shaped flowers, or anything from a brown/maroon/near-blue flower. Please only send tulip seeds if you are SURE they do not carry the tulip mosiac virus (tulip breaking virus).

So if you have seeds, please leave a note here or send me a private message so I can get your address and send you a SASBE. Let me know if you are interested in my left-over foxglove and vegetable seeds (I know there are corn, peas, lettuce, and cabbage, I'm not sure what else is in there.)

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH