SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ditnc

My pepper plants -overwatered? Over fertilized?

ditnc
11 years ago

Help please! I grew peppers from seed in March. All has been well. Then I started to give them some nutrients because they were looking pale. I used diluted Neptune fish/seaweed. They have been sitting in flats on brick steps in full sun.

Last week (perhaps longer) it turned cool, with weather in the 50s/low 60s high, and overnight lows in low 50s. One night was 48. Cool days, cloudy. I gave them their last watering Friday. I think I overdid it.

Yesterday (Sunday), I noticed several plants with wilting leaves. It was rainy and cool (50s), so I moved them under cover.

But when I checked this morning, there was more wilting, and it seems they are waterlogged. The wilting leaves doop straight down. A few of the plants had fuzzy mold developing on the soil surface in their cell. What I don't know is whether the wilting/drooping leaves are from being waterlogged, over fertilized, or both.

Is there anything I can do to save them? I brought them inside, put them in the bathroom with a space heater in hopes that will help to dry them out.

I have 25 - 30 plants...in either 4" or ~3 x1.5" cell packs. It's 60 outside now, raining and we'll have no sun or warm weather until Thursday.

Advice appreciated!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor