SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ally_ld

Walkway and driveway

ally_ld
16 years ago

I think it was back in June when I posted that I would like some opinions on what material to use for my front porch as well as the walkway I received lots of helpful replies. The front porch is cracking and has to be replaced. I have looked into lots of materials, brick being my first choice. I can't find the exact brick that is in my house so the general consensus is to contrast. I am really getting frustrated with the whole project so I have to make a decision. My latest choices are some type of concrete or flagstone with earth tone colors. See pic.

The first 2 are now:

{{gwi:5475}}

{{gwi:47302}}

This is the only flagstone with brick that I liked:

{{gwi:47303}}

I am also considering changing the shape of my driveway. This drive was the original one that worked with the old garage that was a side door garage. The previous owners made the garage a room and build a new garage and left the drive as it was. I would like to move the drive to allow room for plantings to screen the cars and add a turn-around/parking area. See pics:

I made a possible plan for some input please.

{{gwi:47304}}

{{gwi:47305}}{{gwi:47306}}

href="http://photobucket.com"; target="_blank">{{gwi:47308}}

The plan view is the general idea, NTS. The existing driveway cuts in front of the house and our cars really stand out and I'd like to change that if cost is not to outrageous. The boat I'll work in on the right of the garage when it's being used and we'll store it at a boat yard for the winter.

Sorry for the rather long post and large pics. Next time I'll figure out a way to make them smaller.

I appreciate any thought/opinions/suggestions anyone would like to share. Thanks, Ally

Comments (5)