SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
martindiky

Cascading Plant

martindiky
14 years ago

I have a dilemma and would like your opinions because I have never used such plants.

I have a 3-4 feet tall ugly conrete wall running 30 feet along front property line. I want to cover it with a cascading creeper. Full sun, plenty of water from lawn run-off.

I envisioned a green non-flowering mat (NO ivy) with flowering lotus as accent.

OPTION A: lysimachia nummularis combined with couple of Lotus Macculatus "Gold Flash" as accents

OPTION B: muhlenbeckia axillaris (not complexa)combined with couple of Lotus Macculatus "Gold Flash" as accents

1.I don't know which one is more "groomed" looking and will compliment the green conservative small Boxwood sufructicosa fence I will plant too. I also wanted to stick with 2 color scheme but with lysimachia I will introduce yellow, a third color into scheme which I am not sure about.

2.I read in Sunset book that axillaris is not that invasive as complexa but then all over internet I am reading that I should stay out of it unless I want a vigorous lawn replacement. Is axxilaris that invasive and will it spill over the wall? Also is the muhlenbeckia axxilaris deciduous in California too?

i know, I might seem to make a big deal out of a small thing but I want to know some opinions before I decide on something.

Comments (5)