SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ajc9

New home...landscaping 101!

ajc9
11 years ago

Hello everyone!

We have an extremely large area to landscape around our home...we moved in about 8 months ago...and are ready to plant! We live in the midst of pines.

Our sod has done well...we have a few simple shrubs...a Japanese maple and another cool tree we purchased...not sure the name of it!

My question for all of the gurus...of which we are not! I'm drawn to clean and angular lines. I had a friend help me shop as she has a background in landscaping design...

Burkwood viburnum

Limelight hydrangeas

Lavender

Coppertina

Juniper shrubs and tall globe looking junipers

Bergenia (pink in spring). Not sure about this one

Heurchera (sp) - the purpley colored variety - should I hold out for the caramel color variety?

I feel like its all sorta strewn about. I have a front porch with stone pillars (craftsman style)...our house is a deep brown color. I was originally thinking oranges and yellows to play off of our color...but...came home with pinks, blues and purples....

I dunno...any suggestions? More evergreens, perhaps, to bring girth to the wispy looking choices? I do love ground cover too...of which we couldn't find at this time of year...and I've also heard that Japanese bloodgrass is nice?

Thanks for listening and for any advice u may have!

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting