SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

Do you check the box to get follow-ups emailed to you?

If you are the OP (original poster starting a thread) do you check the little box found just below the message box that says Check here if you would like copies of follow-ups to your message emailed to you. It certainly is handy to have the replies come into your email box. Then, if the replying member has his email set up to show his addy to members the OP can then 'reply' to the follow up email. If the replying member has chosen to show his/her addy to NO ONE then the OP won't be able to reply to the follow up email. Of course most all 'veteran' traders know all of the above info.

The little check box only be seen when you are initially typing into the message box and won't be seen once you hit preview.

I am surprised that more members don't check it, particularly when making a trade post. That saves one from constantly having to look for and check their post on the board. Of course one can bookmark it or save it to one's favorites, but still it has to be checked.

I notice that almost no new forum members check the box, and I often wonder if they ever come back and check their post and email those who have replied. A lot of the members new to the exchange don't have email links, so if that is the case, then those replying to the thread, can't even email the OP.

If I make a trade post, or ask a specific gardening question I check the box for replies. If it is just something like an off topic conversation I don't request followups be emailed to me.

So...do you check the box when you are the OP posting an offer on the Exchange?

Sue...who did not check it for this one...

Comments (12)

Sponsored