SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
omega73

Preparing for the Cucumber Beetle

omega73
11 years ago

Hi, getting ready to plant in the coming days and I'm already scared of the dreaded Cucumber Beetle. It will be the 4th year I'm planting at this current house and each year we've had CB infestation. I've read every possible post, article on here and the rest of the web on how to control the situation.

I've read about planting marigolds, sunflowers, oregano, radishes to detract the CB but I don't want to overrun my small garden bed with other crops.

I was thinking of a possible solution the other day and please let me know if this would work? I buy seedlings from the nursery btw, can I start the seedlings in a nice big pot and transfer it later on in the summer? Or better yet what if I just completely let them grow in a couple of big pots for the entire summer? I thought about this idea when I was at the nursery last week and noticed a very mature cucumber plant that already had fruit on it in a big pot, they were selling it for $25.

The hand-vac is a great idea but I can't see myself getting up 30 mins early every morning before work to vacuum bugs.

Your thoughts.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting