SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daphne16_gw

Cry or Scream?

daphne16
15 years ago

I am more of a lurker on here because I am new to gardening (2nd yr), but I learn so much from all of you.

Sooo....

This weekend my kiddos and I planted seeds(cukes, pumpkins, watermelon, marigolds, cosmos, beans, radishes, turnips) and seedlings (spaghetti, butterbush, crooked neck squash zuccini, basil and eggplant)in our veggie beds. These are raised beds and I was hoping they would stay warm enough for now. The basil and eggplants have milk gallons over them and I take the tops off during the day. I wasn't sure about all the squashes, but they were too large to cover(with what I had on hand) and had out grown the peat pots ands then the large news paper pots I had planted the peat pots in so I planted them and hoped for the best knowing I still have plenty of time to start from seeds right in the garden.

We had a very windy night last night and I went out to check on every thing this morning. AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

1 zuke and 1 crooked neck squash have had all their leaves eaten, but their buds left. The spaghetti squashes have been dug out of their peat pots (these were in 10 gallon tubs), my 10 yr old sons bed of seeds (watermelon, cukes, pumpkins, marigolds and cosmos) has been dug up with a lot of the soil now outside of the bed, another bed has mole holes through it.

What do I do?

I did stick coffee grounds down the mole hole and will go buy some kind of fence/chicken wire to put around my beds. Any and all suggestions welcome?

Thanks,

Daphne

Comment (1)