SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christinmk

Have I got this right? newbie

Hi guys! I hope you don't mind my posting a couple of questions about the seed exchange?

First of all, let me say that I DID read chemocurls threads on how this works, and I know about the newbie thread. They were very helpful. I am afraid I am just the type of person that needs confirmation and reassurance (holding my hand is optional, LOL!)

I love the GardenWeb and everyone here. I don't want to make a mistake that will upset others or get me blackballed .

Please tell me if I get any of this wrong, and what is the right way to do it. Sorry if I am going over the same things that were on other threads.

*It is a good idea to use bubble envelopes to avoid seed crushing during mailing process. Ask on member page for trades using bubble env. When mailing, make sure to tape seeds to inside so they stay flat. So, one ships the bubble envelope with another/other seed envelopes inside? Bubble env with regular env holding the seeds? Correct?

*E-mail another member if you would like to trade with them. If they see something on your list they would like to trade for, send an e-mail with information on seed amount (if not stated on trade page) and any questions. If both parties are still interested they will exchange address information.

*It is nice to send an e-mail letting the other party know when the seeds arrived.

*I have looked at other member trade lists to get an idea of how to assemble mine. It seems that 24 seeds is the general rate per trade, unless the seeds are large, special, or giver doesn't have many.

*In a sase, sasbe, beap, cases a person is willing to give away seeds for the price of postage. The person interested in the seeds should send the giver a bubble envelope and enough stamps to cover shipping charges back to them.

*In both cases you should send the person a sort of receipt with the information of seeds you have trades with them, your GW user name, and real name. Not sure I understood this part right or not.

*It is also nice to leave a comment about the other trader on the Rate Trades forum. Yes?

Is this all correct? Have I forgotten anything? Anything else I should know before I start to make my seed list?

Thank you all in advance for the help.

CMK

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting