SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aka_peggy

Inflation

aka_peggy
15 years ago

One month ago I purchased a 16' cattle panel at my local Southern States store. I paid $16 for it. I went back yesterday to buy another and was told it would cost $27. What!!? I was floored.

I was told that the price of steel has increased significantly as of late and that 'Southern States' (local farm store chain) has been forced to increase prices on cattle panels by $11. per panel!! Wow, I love using cattle panels. They look great and they're easy to move around the garden if necessary but I'm not THAT fond of them.

On the way home I noticed that gasoline prices had increased by another 5 cts per gal over the day before to $3.83 for regular.

Needless to say I didn't get the cattle panels but I did make some phone calls. I was able to locate cattle panels for $19. but I have to drive 32 miles one way to get them.

The price of straw has risen from $2. to $3.50 over the last 3 yrs. Fortunately, I was able to stockpile OPBL (other peoples bagged leaves) last year. Finding a place to store them till I can use them all is another issue. I can't even get into the shed!

But what can you do?

Comments (22)