SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bourbonlady

Lanscaping Plan, Critiques/Opinions Needed - pics

bourbonlady
17 years ago

OK, I've learned so much reading and reading through several of these forums and with the wonderful advice I've received on previous posts. I would love to get your advice, critiques and opinions on this landscaping plan that we will start this fall. We are right on the verge of a zone 6b-7a in central Oklahoma. The back fence and garage are facing east and the area with the exception of the back of the little house gets full sun. The first photo shows where we were yesterday and as of today the fence was completed. The second photo is what I have in mind.

{{gwi:42026}}

{{gwi:42027}}

The brick patios are our next project. After that we are going to line all the beds with monkey grass with the exception of the small bed around the arc on the right side of the photo which will be dwarf yaupon holly to break any falls resulting from basketball games (that arc is a 3-pt arc for the basketball court.) Then the small pink clumps behind the monkey grass will be wax begonias that we will plant annually.

That little corner of the little house on the left will have Black Magic elephant ears underneath a Forest Redbud Pansy that I'm transplanting from the front of the house and the remainder of that be will be filled in with sweet potato vine.

Starting at the left side of the side fence we'll have a lime green barberry, dwarf yaupon holly and another barberry followed by a potted hibiscus which we will use as an annual (they will grow 3-4ft here as an annual.) Then a hardy banana surrounded by Illustrious elephant ears and another potted hibiscus. Then a red barberry, upright holly and another red barberry.

The back fence area will be filled with day lillies and another potted hibiscus. The potted plants are various citrus trees.

Let me know what you all think. Thanks a bunch!

Alex

Comments (14)