SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greenlydia_gw

Hiding the neighbors junk

greenlydia
17 years ago

I live in the Pacific Northwest, zone something or other. I also live in the woods so there is much shade. My neighbor is a pack rat in the extreme. He owns not one, but three giant Sea-Land contaniners which he has placed near the back of his property, which is, unfortunately, the FRONT of mine! They are soooo ugly. Now he has let a friend store an old boat that even Gilligan wouldn't attempt to sail, a sports car or something with wheels. It's hard to tell for sure under all the moss. He burns his garbage back here as well and I do mean ALL of his garbage which includes old mattresses and plastic junk and metal, which I can't help but wonder if he thinks it's actually going to burn? Anyway, I need help big time in figuring out what sort of really, really fast growing hedge I can plant along our property line. I live 1/4 mile off the "main" road and we do have telephone poles to the end of our road, then the wires go underground from there to our house, but whatever I plant can't go high enough to mess with the wires, which are probably some standard height that I have no idea what that is, but maybe someone out there does? Looks like maybe 15-20 feet, but then, I believed my husband when he said "this is 12 inches" so don't go by me. How about English Laurel? Does it grow in shade? I don't have gobs of money so if you can think of something that doesn't cost a kings ransom, I'd appreciate that too! And what do I tell my neighbor whom I actually really like and don't want to hurt his feelings by telling him he's a pig and his land is an eyesore and is dropping the value of my property even as I write this? I have about 2 acres in length to cover up, but maybe not quite that much now that I think about it, but there you go asking me about distance again! I'd guess I want to cover up at least 200 feet which would more than hide the really ugly stuff. I've had too much coffee, can you tell? But I'm typing faster than I ever have. Please, someone, advise me. Thank you! Greenlydia

Comments (17)