SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardenmom2_gw

Back after 2 years

gardenmom2
12 years ago

Hello all. I hope some of you remember me, but know most of you won't. I was here a cpl years ago and traded, learned to Winter Sow and made so many special friends. My father in law had end stage lung cancer, and passed away in October 2009. It was a very long and drawn out battle that he fought with dignity.

After his passing, I was hoping to get back on here and really get into the garden and flower beds, as they were neglected from the craziness of the spring/summer 2009.

Unfortunately, that didn't happen last year. My husband and I went through a really rough, rocky patch last winter/spring and almost filed for Divorce. Through lots of prayer, communication, marriage counseling and focus, we are now, finally at a place where we can say we are stronger and more in love than ever. Our 16th wedding anniversary will be this summer and we are excited.

Last year was something I hope no one has to ever go through. I actually mowed down my garden at the end of June as I just didn't have the strength to maintain and care for it and honestly, thought I was going to have to prepare the place to sell. After this past year, and the healing that has happened in my marriage, I have begun, to finally come back and find me again. I am once again finding joy around me and in my hobbies, that I so enjoy.

I have spent the past few days outside, as the rain has stopped and I am trying to get ahead of the weeds by pulling and mulching as I go. I am starting a few seeds of things that I still can. I am so anxious to get back into my gardening groove. It is such a healing and fun thing for me and while I am anxious to plant ALL of my own seedlings for next year, this year, as I gradually find my way, I am so thankful for the forums and friendships.

I am hoping to slowly join back up to a few of the swaps, exchanges and the fun.

Nichol

Comments (5)

Sponsored