SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msrose

Just can't decide what to do with these spaces in my front yard

msrose
16 years ago

Here's what my yard originally looked like

{{gwi:39712}}

The trees on the middle tier were damaged by carpenter ants and termites, so we took them out and replaced them with Knock Out roses and then replaced the railroad ties with stone.

{{gwi:39713}}

I felt like the front yard needed some color so I recently planted some white daylilies around the Knock Outs. I was trying to use Reddish-pink, yellow, and white as my three colors.

The front part of the house has yellow daylilies. I also didn't like how the Indian Hawthorne were, so I replaced them with a smaller variety. I hate the Yaupon to the front of our door, but I haven't figured out what to put there.

{{gwi:39714}}

This is the area where I can't figure out what to do.

{{gwi:39715}}

There's a rose there that's not healthy enough to make it in my no-spray garden, so it's got to go. I have a different rose on the other side that's doing much better, but I'm worried that it will eventually get too tall for the spot, plus it's a different color of pink than the Knock Out so I'm not sure if it looks good.

{{gwi:39716}}

{{gwi:39717}}

We also have Crepe Myrtles that bloom the same color as the Knock Out roses

{{gwi:39718}}

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to plant in the circle of Euonomys? I love daylilies, so would it look good to plant a tall variety that would stick up above the shrubs?

What do you think of the tree in the bottom tier? I've had some people say they love it and some have said it blocks the view of the house. If it took it out, what would look good there?

Laurie

Comments (2)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH