SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scottrell_gw

Cell phones

scottrell
15 years ago

My daughter Michelle recently turned 10 years old, she is in the fourth grade. I had a little time alone with her today. She told me that she was jealous of the new cell phone DH just bought for me. She also said she is the only one in her class that does not have a cell phone of her own! What? The only one? These children text, take pictures of themselves, e-mail those pictures and have access to the Web. How do parents control what they are exposed too? We have our computer in the main living area right off the kitchen, I always know what my kids are doing on the computer.

Don't even get me started on the expesne! I would much rather put a little money in the bank for the kids education, than a cell phone bill. I live in South East Florida, in one of the top three Counties for forclosure in the entire United States.

Please, please tell me that I am not the only one who thinks it is totally inappropriate for children this young to have a cell phone!

I can understand if parents are working and have one of those phones that only allow them to call certain #'s.

Comments (17)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!