SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
capirucho_chucho

i have been mistaken

16 years ago

My name is Josue Diaz Saravia. If you live in CA, you know that both Josue and Diaz are extremely common names, especially with over half of the population of the San Joaquin Valley (where i live) being of Mexican/Hispanic descent. To give you an idea of how common my name is, in my high school graduating class (of 500) there were three Josue Diaz and plenty more with my same last name. To make my name less common, i use the english translation of my name (Josh) and my second last name (Saravia). Well, there happens to be another Josue Diaz who has already raked up a bad reputation here on GW and certain people have mistaken me for that member, claiming to others that i am indeed that person and also posting part of my address for others to avoid trading with me! I searched GW for "Josue Diaz" and found the person for whom they are mistaking me for and "LO AND BEHOLD" this person lives in the San Joaquin Valley and shares two of my three names (Just another John Doe).

If i must go into detail, the OTHER Josue Diaz lives in Chowchilla (or so claim others who have posted their experience with him). I live in Fresno, not Chowchilla. I am a student at Fresno Pacific University and i live in a house that belongs to the school along with five other students. We cannot have mail delivered directly to the house, so i use the box number (1717 South Chestnut #BLANK). I have a part time job as a groundskeeper and i work on various landscape jobs around campus, which is where is use the seeds i trade for on GW.

The poster who claims that i am indeed the scamming Josue Diaz did so because they were scammed before by someone using a box at Fresno Pacific University, which made him/her suspicious. This led him/her to search for Josue Diaz (as it appears on my emails to him/her) on GW and found that someone named Josue Diaz had already scammed other members. He/She then put two and two together and came to the erouneous conclusion that I am the scamming Josue Diaz. He/She claims that someone scammed him/her using 1717 south Chestnut #BLANK. There are thousands of students who live both on campus and who commute, and each one has their individual box at 1717 south Chestnut. Saying that you were scammed by someone using 1717 south Chestnut #BLANK is like saying that you were scammed by someone using an address at SOME_CITY, USA. It just doesnt make sense to warn people not to trade with someone with a box at Fresno Pacific University just because one of the thousands of students who have a box at the same address scammed him/her in the past.

I sure hope that i have cleared some murky water as to my identity, but i am really dissapointed that i had to spill my personal life to set my name straight after it was wrongly associated with a scammer with the same (common) name by someone who did so publicly without first being 100% sure.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Foremost Siding & Exterior Design Solutions in Columbus