SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mark4321_gw

Dormant Passiflora 'Blue Horizon' cuttings for postage

mark4321_gw
14 years ago

I cut back my Passiflora 'Blue Horizon' today and I hate to toss potential cuttings.

I would emphasize that I don't know whether these will root. The cuttings will look terrible, with few or any leaves, and those will likely be yellow.

It also produced a fruit and if someone wants the seeds (15 or 20) along with the cuttings they can have those. P. 'Blue Horizon' is a hybrid of unknown parentage, but likely a complex mix of P. caerulea and P. amethystina. The source of pollen is unclear (could be selfed? P. edulis?). I have not tasted the fruit, but fruit of P. caerulea hybrids is not generally thought to be very good.

The plant is pretty easy to root when actively growing. As I say I have no clue whether these will root, but if I had to guess I think they will.

Although a P. caerulea hybrid, it is likely not as hardy as P. caerulea, but maybe 20 F. The flowers differ from P. caerulea significantly--I have a comparison that shows this, but the pictures aren't mine so I don't want to post them. Ask if interested. It's a very floriferous plant and blooms on pretty much every node.

Here's what the plant looks like in bloom

{{gwi:76989}}

And here are the cuttings--sets of roughly 10 cuttings. I would try half in water and half in perlite. The rotten fruit with about 20 seeds is on the white napkin.

{{gwi:76992}}

Please email me directly.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville