SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annerfanner

Help redesign front of house garden bed

gmcaw85
9 years ago

Hello! We just moved into our house February, this house had been vacant for about 3 years and so I have inherited very over grown flower beds!
This a poor photo stitched panoramic of my front flower bed. It is 18ft long x 6'9ft deep and the porch height is 19 inches.

I would basically like to almost tear the whole thing out and start over and add some sort of small evergreen shrub, possibly a new tree or shrub where that wedding bouquet tree is on the left.
The front have Irises and two Poppy plants that haven't bloomed yet that I would like to keep
The vast majority of it seems to taken over by what I think are Obedient plants that have not yet bloomed.
The far left has tons of daffodils, some sort of lilies and some white little bell flower. It just looks over grown and chaotic to me!
Any ideas on a design scheme that would allow me to keep the two front poppy plants and maybe dig up and move back the irises would be great.
I am a total beginner and I think a less is more approach would be good for me, I just dont know where to start!
Thanks!

*I live in WI-Zone 5a

This post was edited by gmcaw85 on Sat, Jun 7, 14 at 21:59

Comments (8)