SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mark4321_gw

Passiflora membranacea cuttings for postage: 3 sets of 15

14 years ago

I've been pruning my vine back and I'm generating cuttings. It's a spectacular plant and is attractive even out of bloom. I just got mine in April and it hasn't bloomed, however there are pictures online. For example:

http://www.strangewonderfulthings.com/163.htm

In a favorable environment it's a fast grower, to put it mildly. However it has a reputation for being difficult to root.

Because of its fast growth I'm able to provide a lot of cuttings from my pruning. Because it's difficult, it's a good idea to try to root a lot of cuttings.

My success with cuttings has varied; typically about 10%, but they took 2-3 months to root. Recently (to my shock) I was able to get about a third to root within 18 days. Below are some cuttings I started around Halloween, photographed 15 days later.

{{gwi:76583}}

Here are some of the cuttings I'm giving away:

{{gwi:76584}}

The cuttings are already trimmed and ready to go. I have 3 sets of 15 cuttings. I'd like to get them in the mail tomorrow. I'm sending them Priority Mail which will be $5, Paypal preferred.

I'm not giving these out randomly. Please let me know your growing conditions, climate and anything else relevant. I would like to get these in the mail in the morning so that they arrive on Friday.

I will not be surprised if people have trouble rooting these. Bear in mind that you may get none of the cuttings to root--even if you are good at rooting things.

Comments (10)

Sponsored