SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
minal_gw

Re: Planning Vegetable Garden Planting- Pics

shabbu
13 years ago

Hello Everyone,

We just moved into a new house and I am planning a small vegetable garden in the backyard. Until now I have just planted in containers, so this is my first time planting vegetables in the ground and any suggestions are welcome.

In the below picture, I am planning to plant tomatoes, carrots and radishes in the curved area. Not sure yet whether to go for the raised bed plan or just plant in rows.

Any suggestions welcome.

{{gwi:42744}}

Below is the same are from another angle. Currently it looks like the landscaping plants are planted in the soil which is covered with black plastic and then woodchips. I was wondering when I remove the wood chips and plastic and dig the soil, can I lay the same plastic over the vegetables plants ( I am assuming it was there for weed protection). Or should I buy new plastic and cover the area or no plastic?

Also can I use the same wood chips to cover over the plastic, or new ones or no wood chips. I am assuming the wood chips were placed over the soil so that it didnt feel soggy and you can walk on the ground.

{{gwi:42745}}

In this area I will be getting rid of those bushes and planting peppers.

{{gwi:42746}}

In this area, I am planning to plant peas across the back near the deck area. I am still thinking of whether to remove those bushes or leave them. Any suggestions welcome.

{{gwi:42748}}

I did have one question about the soil. I was planning to dig up some old soil and then mix Miracle Gro garden soil and plant the veggies in there..is that an ok way to go?

thanks a lot,

Minal

Comments (7)