SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juntawillow

What seeds have (can?) you direct sow in 5A so far?

Hi - I've been anxiously waiting to direct sow seeds - but we have had tons and tons of rain in zone 5A (and some frosts as well). It is supposed to stop raining on Thursday & Friday this week - and then resume again for the weekend and beyond (as of now).

Last week I had a short window and threw in a few Sugar Snap Peas, Leaf Lettuce and Spinach. I'd like to throw in some more this week if I can (or will the rain just wash them all away)?

On my seed list are: Sugar Snaps, Little Marvel Peas, Beans (Pole & Bush), Spinach, Lettuce, Beets, Radishes, Carrots, Green Onions, Baby Watermelon, Baby Pumpkin, Corn. I also have onion sets, rhubarb, asparagus and potatoes to plant. Can all but the Watermelon, Pumpkins and corn be planted now? Should I bother with all this rain or wait? I don't have any covers or anything to keep things warm/protected.

I will be buying transplants for tomatoes, all pepper varieties I'm planting, broccoli, cucumber and strawberries. I'm planning on dropping these in the ground in early May (hopefully!).

Thanks for your help!

Comments (7)