SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
redthreaddiy

Looking for all kinds of Herbs, Cacti & Succulents!

redthreaddiy
12 years ago

Planning an herb garden to put in for the fall, as well as some annual herbs to put in containers on my windowsill for the winter. I am also starting a cactus/succulent collection :)

Here is what I have to trade:

TOMATO PLANTS: most have flowers that are already producing for tomatoes, and some have tomatoes already forming:

‘Better Boy’: Hybrid Tomato. Plan on growing plenty of bright red, 16-oz. fruits perfect for slicing, canning & making into sauces.

‘Costoluto Genovese’: Italian Heirloom Tomato. Produces good yields of large red tomatoes. Outstanding flavor, the best for making homemade tomato juice, slicing & canning.

‘Early Girl’: Hybrid Tomato. Meaty, medium-sized fruits. Good flavor. Produces continually in season. Great for slicing

‘Snow White’: ENDANGERED Heirloom Tomato. Spreading plants with large number of fruit. Medium-size cherry; white to yellowish-colored skin. Very flavorful.

‘Sweet n’ Bright’: ENDANGERED Heirloom Tomato. A small salad tomato, slightly larger than a cherry, w/ great disease resistance for early & mid-season harvest w/ cascades of bright red glossy 2-3 oz. round fruit. Heavy producer

PEPPER PLANTS: all have flowers that are already producing for peppers):

'Aci Sivri': ENDANGERED Turkish Heirloom Hot Chile Pepper. Great for salsa, salads, drying & pickling. Ripens from green to red. Produces well under cool conditions, so excellent for northern gardeners.

‘Cayenne’: Hot Chile Pepper. High-yielding, super hot pepper with a multitude of uses. Great for salsa, salads, drying & pickling. Slightly hotter than Jalapeños. Ripens from green to red

‘Long Red Cayenne’: Heirloom Hot Pepper. Great for salsa, salads, drying & pickling. Long fruits are fiery hot, often curled and twisted. Great for drying, processing, or sauces

‘Japones’: Japanese Hybrid Hot Chile Pepper. Great for salsa, salads, drying & pickling. Long, narrow fruits that mature from green to dark red. Provides spicy heat to sauces, marinades, stews, casseroles & meat dishes

PUMPKIN PLANTS: all have been growing in pots for about a month.

‘Big Max’: huge pumpkins, up to 70” around, often weigh 100 lbs. or more. Pinkish-orange skin covers 3-4” thick bright yellowish-orange flesh. Excellent for contests. These pumpkins are popular for huge jack-o-lanterns and are delicious for pies

‘Jack-o-Lantern’: Home garden standard because of it’s medium size. Great for Halloween carving as well as cooking.

‘Small Sugar’: Heirloom baking pumpkin. Produces good yields of bright orange-yellow pumpkins with meaty, sweet, fine-grained flesh.

GOURD PLANTS: all have been growing in pots for about a month.

‘Apple’: produces good yields of up to 7 lb. size apple shaped gourds. They are dark green and turns brown when dried. Excellent for making crafts and birdhouses

‘Bushel Basket’: excellent for arts and crafts when carved. 12-18″ diameter with fruit weighing from 30 to 100 pounds.

‘Luffa Sponge’: grow your own luffa sponge! Gourd is edible when very young. Produce huge yellow flowers on a vine that can reach up to 30’. Grow like vining cucumbers

‘Speckled Swan’: a large, crooknecked gourd whose tip looks like a swans head. Gourds are green with creamy speckles

FRUIT AND VEGGIE PLANTS: growing for about a month

Cantaloupe ‘Honey Rock’: plant produces sweet deep salmon flesh cantaloupes. This plant produces 5 to 7 cantaloupes which are incredibly sweet. Perfect for backyard home gardens

Celery ‘Red Stalk’: RARE heirloom variety with robust celery flavor. Crisp light green stalks tinged with red. Moderately long-standing. Very cold hardy and productive.

Celery ‘Sedano da Taglio’: RARE Italian Heirloom Cutting/Leaf Celery. Non-heading celery. Nice for cutting. Use like an herb. Use in soups, salads and garnish. The leaves are finely cut and resemble parsley.

Escarole - broad leaves with a large, deep heart. Bitter lettuce taste. Vigorous plant. Slow bolting. Great for greens or salad. Best success is by picking outer leaves frequently for use or for freezing.

Eggplant ‘Long Purple’: heirloom, oriental type with gorgeous dark purple coloring. Plant produces good yields of tasty 12″ long by 2 ½” wide eggplants. Very flavorful and tender. Plant produces 8 or more eggplants.

Watermelon ‘Early Moonbeam’: one of the best watermelons for northern climates. Early and productive with sweet, lemon-yellow flesh and a thin rind

Watermelon ‘Sugar Baby’: quick to set fruit and have a very sweet flavor. Flesh is medium red, of fine texture and is not excessively seedy.

PERENNIAL PLANTS:

Daylily 'Stella de Oro' plants http://www.etsy.com/listing/67930696/25-daylily-stella-de-oro-seeds-free

Canna 'Indian Shot' bulbs - red flowers with bright green tropical leaves http://ny-image3.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.223967487.jpg

Kangaroo Paw - Evergreen, clump-forming tender perennial. Stems bear unusual, 2-lipped, yellow tubular flowers, thought to resemble kangaroo paws. Will die in temperatures below 40°F, so keep in a pot to bring indoors for winter.

Rose of Sharon: White flowers with dark red centers. Will bloom next year.

BIENNIAL PLANTS:

Forget-Me-Not - this biennial is great for borders. It blooms early and reseeds freely. Bears saucer-shaped, yellow-eyed blue flowers. Foliage this year, flowers next year from spring to early summer.

ANNUAL PLANTS:

Globe Amaranth: ‘Las Vegas Purple’ and ‘Las Vegas White’, cheerful, 1” flowers bloom freely on sturdy plants. Versatility in the landscape or in containers makes this variety a sure winner & it draws in plenty of hummingbirds & butterflies. Also excellent for cut flowers & drying!

I am looking for all kinds of herbs. I have a few already, but I'm ESPECIALLY looking for:

UNIQUE herbs

Aloe

Different Basils

Cinnamon

Blue Cohosh

Chamomile

Cilantro (that hasn't flowered yet)

Dill

Fennel

Ginger

Lavender

Lovage