SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
unprofessional

Need some help with IDs, pruning, and treatment

unprofessional
13 years ago

I was "gifted" these mostly stressed plants. Don't really know anything about them, but would like to get them in good shape. I would say they all need repotted, which I can handle (bought supplies today), but most of them seem quite overgrown and could use a good prune as well. Couple have some sort of pest, as well - any help with treatment would help.

1) One of the few I have a decent idea on. Some sort of ficus. Has a very interesting root system. I would love to prune this way down, if possible, and show off the cool roots in a shallower pot. It's about 6' tall.

{{gwi:36464}}

2) No clue on the one - looks like it sends roots out and down towards the soil?

{{gwi:36465}}

3) This one looks the best out of all of them. Would still like to prune it down to a more suitable size. It's about 7'.

{{gwi:36466}}

4) A Schefflera, I think. This is one with a pest - you can see it in the second photo. The brown spots come off when you rub it.

{{gwi:36467}}

{{gwi:36468}}

5)Another big one that's sparse, as far as leaves go. Oversized and barren.

{{gwi:36469}}

6) This one's in the worst shape. Very little foliage, and very tall. Second shot's a close-up of the leaves.

{{gwi:36470}}

{{gwi:36471}}

Any help that can be given is greatly appreciated.

Comments (9)