SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msfuzz

Some plants in SWC's dying, others not. Help!

msfuzz
13 years ago

I'm hoping y'all can help me figure out what's going on with my plants. I made 10 Globalbucket (www.globalbuckets.org) SWC's out of HomeDespot buckets, and filled them with Raybo's 3:2:1. I've planted 4 tomatoes, 2 jalapenos, Big Jim peppers, Fernleaf dill, and Littleleaf cukes. The toms, jalas, & peppers were from transplant, the others from seed. Now, two of my peppers, one of my toms, both cukes, and maybe the dill has suddenly begun to die. Over the course of the last 3-4 days, the leaves turned gray-green & curled up. The stem of the plants appears to be alive, but the leaves are completely wilted looking. The strange thing is that while one tomato plant is completely dead-looking, the three next to it are fine! I had 2 Big Jims in one bucket, and one is fine, and the other is dying. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. They've all been fertilized & watered the same. The only things I can think of are: About a week ago, I put a little bit of 3-3-2 fish emulsion fert into the tops of the buckets & watered. But that wouldn't seem to account for why some are dying and some are not. Could maybe a neighbor have sprayed some sort of pesticide that drifted in? The other plants in my rather crowded garden space are doing fine. Here's a link to some pics of the plants, past and present.

http://picasaweb.google.com/HLHohnholz/Garden?feat=directlink

Here is a link that might be useful: Pics

Comments (10)