SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
need4nature

creating a bed to hide rabbit fence around garden

need4nature
18 years ago

Hi, I am in need for a little input on an idea. I have a raised veggie garden in a corner of my backyard. We just put up a small rabbit fence that we will keep permanently - about 32" tall. We are thinking of making a bed around the outside of the fence, probably with a few shrubs that get only 3ft tall and perhaps some perennials. I would love to make it hummingbird and butterfly friendly. It would be at the closest points 4 ft away from the veggie garden. My question...is this enough space away from my veggies to have a butterfly/hummer garden? I do companion plant in the garden and thought that if I provided enough butterfly attacting plants outside it would be harmonious. I was thinking of planting monarda, scabiosa, and maybe blue mist bluebeard shrub. Something small and evergreen could also be a possibility - as long as it doesn't get higher than 35". I don't want a shrub that needs formal trimming and shaping - just a little natural pruning. Any suggestions are welcome!!! Now I just need to muster up the energy to start the bed! need4nature

Comments (2)