SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eaglesgarden

need to see pictures of bell peppers first leaves!

eaglesgarden
15 years ago

A while back I planted some california wonder gold peppers and they sprouted in about 4 days (which seemed fast to me), I moved them out of the container and replanted that same container with some jalepeno peppers. (I know that this wasn't the best move, but hey, it's my first time with seeds!) Anyway, I THOUGHT all the peppers had germinated (I only planted 9), but now have about 16 (some are still sprouting in their potted up containers!) of what I THOUGHT were california wonders! How can that be? The seed starter mix was brand new and the only seeds I had were Cali Wonders. The first set of leaves were kinda "heart" shaped. Now the 1st true leaves are coming on and they look "teardrop" shaped, but with tiny serrations on the edge.

My jalapenos are starting to come up now. BUT, I only planted 6 of them, and right now there are 8 of them coming up!!!

HELP!!! I am so confused with what my plants are. I labeled the trays as I planted them, and I only remember planting a TOTAL of 15 plants (in two different batches) in that tray, but I am now seeing 24 plants, and who knows if a few more have come up today!

Can seeds produce "twin" seedlings? Some of them are right next to each other, and I spaced them apart about 3 inches. I bottom watered, so I couldn't have moved them after sowing with watering....

Anyone have some thoughts....this is getting weird! I plan to grow them all out to determine what they are, but I am so confused right now. Anyone have pictures of their bell peppers (first leaves only) that could help shed some light on this?

Comments (18)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio