SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bart1_gw

Best brand of landscaping fabric?

bart1
14 years ago

I'd love to hear recommendations for your favorite landscaping fabric. I can only get to my garden on the weekends so I rely heavily on the landscaping fabric to keep the weeds under control. Unfortunately, I've had some bad luck with my choices.

The most durable type I've used was some type of spun fabric that could be walked on year after year, but didn't block all the light. Plants grew up under the fabric like it wasn't even there. I had to weigh down the middle of the fabric with logs to keep it in place. This was really a shame because this stuff was super durable, it just didn't block the light!

The kind that blocked the light well was not very durable and would only last one season for the most part. This was the type that had uniform dimples across the entire surface. This seems to be the most common type out there and it comes in many brands. One type I bought a couple years ago is still hanging on while other types barely make it through the season.

All of that was a long prelude to the simple question: What is most durable brand of landscaping fabric that blocks light so weeds donÂt grow below it?

Thanks!

Bart

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!