SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marial1214

New Sprinkler replaces Soaker hoses

marial1214
15 years ago

I have really wide beds, some are 4 feet wide, I feel I can weed more efficiently that way. I also did that to make more growing space and less paths. The beds are in place so all I do is till these beds, I dont till the paths anymore. So it seems like less work to have wide beds.

I used soaker hoses the past three years. I bought a few hundred feet & connected them together. They worked well for the thinner beds the first year but I dont think they work well for the new wider beds I made since last year. I tried running 2 hoses through each wide bed but for some reason the soakers didnt appear to water well last year.

My garden may just be too darn big (1000sq ft) to keep decent water pressure from one end of the hose to the other. Some of the inner rows werent getting any water at all last year. To make matters worse is that the garden sits 250 feet away from the house meaning I must run a 250 feet rubber hose to meet the first soaker hose.

So this year I have a sprinkler to try in addition to the soaker hose maze.

Does anyone have any advice for my soaker dilemna? It's always guesswork for me when I'm laying them.

Comments (10)