SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
axelsrose

Have: Bowl Lotus Tuber

axelsrose
14 years ago

Hi!

Here's the scoop on the tubers. I started a few seeds a few years ago that I got in a trade. The seeds were supposed to be of a Lotus called Empress. Anyway the plant grew and flowered but was NOT Empress. It is a dark pink bowl type Lotus. Not what I wanted but still very nice. Now it has out grown its home and was cut up into viable pieces. I have taken the starts that I want from the pile, the rest are scrap if no one wants them.

There is one thing to note about these tubers. They have just started to send out leaves. I live in Indiana and my Lotus usually don't show until May, but due to a warmer than normal spring, they are waking up early. I was really trying to get them while sill dormant. Anyway, I believe these tubers are viable with delicate handling, but I will NOT guarantee they will grow. I hope they do because my start came out of them too! If you would like to trade that's great or if you would like some for postage that would be fine too. $7.00 should cover it. I will send 4-5 tubers per box. I will only take the first 5 people to begin with, then see how many are left.

Plants I would like in trade:

Lily of the Valley pips

Faith Hosta

Tosca Hibiscus

Little Axel African Violet

Swamp Milkweed (any color)

Butterfly weed (any color)

Fennel starts

Lilac suckers(with roots please)

Epiphyllum cactus cuttings

Brugmansia cuttings

Thanks! Susan