SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kawaiineko_gardener

questions about this variety of eggplant....

Just to clarify, no I don't plan on planting this now. This is for future reference.

I've found a variety of eggplant called black beauty in numerous online seed catalogs. Supposedly it's popular

for planting in a veggie garden because compared to other varieties of eggplant similar to it, it has a shorter maturing time.

My question is this. Is this variety of eggplant (black beauty) a bush type? By bush type I mean is it a compact variety and suitable to be grown in containers. It doesn't really specify in the description whether black beauty is or not in 90% of the online catalogs I've seen it in.

If this is a bush-type/compact variety of eggplant, what size container would you plant it in (please specify this information in gallons) and how many plants could you fit per container without overcrowding them?

One other question and this is regarding eggplant in general. Does it have a slow germination time? In general how long does it take for eggplant to germinate if you're planting it from seed?

Also what type of soil and fertilizing does eggplant prefer?

Comment (1)