mediadiva_gw

My new Landscape (pics) Ideas?

mediadiva
15 years ago

Left side back:

{{gwi:13980}}

Close up of that corner:

{{gwi:13981}}
Large butterfly bush (grows 8 feet tall, was there when we moved in) a new boulder for photo ops under the future shade of the butterfly bush, and 2 knock-out rose bushes behind/by the boulder (thats a crape merytle to the right) and I have no idea what that green bush thing is.

A new little dry rock bed to help water flow out of the yard in heavy rain:

{{gwi:13983}}

2 new beds I am so excited about:

{{gwi:13985}}
I planted 4 rosemary plants, and then lined Gladeoli (sp?) along the front of both boxes (inside the boxes but lining the front of them) and then in the right box I've planted 1 blue berry tree, but I have another to plant as well (is it a tree or a bush?? It didn't say on the label but it looked like a tree). I have no idea if these will grow but I hope so! I need to decide what to plant in the center between them, and also what to plant to the left of the rosemary (more herbs would be great, not sure what will grow there).

Right-hand back side:

{{gwi:13987}}
there are 15 little butterfly bushes planted on that hill (last summer) so we'll see this spring how they do. I just pruned them back a bit. You can not see them in this photo but they are staggared nicley.

Thhis is from last summer, before the bouler and beds got installed and you can see the bushes so pretty on the hill:

{{gwi:13988}}

I need a better photo of this other corner of the house, again from last summer:

{{gwi:13989}}
2 butterfly bushes, one on either side against the gate. All trimemd back and dormant right now, that corner just brings in all sorts of birds and cardinals. I would like to plant some stuff there along the beds, I don't like bee's but I like the butterflies and birds. Wonderful to look out at my kitchen windows.

I would love any idea's or suggestions. I have a 18mo and a new baby on the way so I wanted it very clean for us to play in and to clean up a lot so I could plant what I wanted. The first owner of the house had planted a lot but the second owner let it all go to hell. Some old "before" photos here:

Flickr Set

Such as this:

{{gwi:13990}}
Makes me laugh to see how awful it used to be! I am so proud of the decisions I made, i think it looks really great and now I am ready to slowly plant stuff. I'm not good about maintance so I am trying to learn and not overwelm myself.

I live in GA, on the border of zone 6 and 7. Once the sun rises over the other side of the house, our backyard gets a lot of sun, the back of the house has a bit of shade until the sun is totally overhead. It sets back where that boulder is.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!