SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ces797

Ideas for Urban 'Front Yard'

ces797
13 years ago

Hi Guys

I need some help with my front yard. I want to change it up a bit since what is currently there is either dying or doesn't look that great to me (all planted by previous home owner)

I need a creative eye though because I am just completely not sure what to do. I got several quotes to put in a retaining wall but it's going to be between 3K-5K, therefore is out of the question. I don't trust myself to do it either. I'm attaching some pictures below...I know it doesn't look THAT bad but this picture is a bit old. The two evergreens are twice as tall now and one is dead. The azaleas/rhodos are now super leggy and the strange curly cue boxwood design is both eating the japanese maple and was trampled by something this winter leaving huge holes.

The other thing that really bothers me is that it's ALL mulched. Last year I added some daylillies to try and fill it up a bit. My front yard is at that size where it's almost too small for a lawn but too big to be all mulched.

House faces east and is surrounded by mature trees and neighbors evergreen pine so it's definitely "part shade"

It is sloped which is part of what is making the design concept hard for me to figure out (without a retaining wall) and the other part is my front door is not centered..it's on the left hand side. Which is throwing me off when I try to think of a symmetrical design and I just LOVE formal landscaping.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated...

{{gwi:13704}}

{{gwi:13705}}

{{gwi:13706}}

Comments (5)