SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pinkspoonbill_gw

Want - fragrant native azaleas

pinkspoonbill
15 years ago

I would love to find any fragrant native azaleas that will survive the heat of the South. I am looking for:

Rhododendron arborescens

Rhododendron canescens

Rhododendron austrinum (Florida azalea)

Rhododendron alabamense

Rhododendron prinophyllum

Rhododendron viscosum

Any other native azalea that is really fragrant will be much appreciated. I believe many of these, if not all, can reseed, and some might be able to be rooted. I would love a rooted plant from a cutting or a seed. It does not have to be a large plant, just have a healthy root system.

I can send you an Oakleaf hydrangea, flowering quince, indigofera, forsythia cutting/possibly rooted, grape hyacinths, toad lily seedlings, oregano, night-blooming cereus cutting (tropical) plus any others on my exchange list. All of the plants I will send will be somewhat small because they will be mailed, and because they are just starting out from seed or the parent plant.

Let me know what you are looking for. Some of the plants I have are dormant, and some I cannot send until they come back from the winter. Others, like the gardenia, I will have to root and will need summer heat to do so. The best of these plants (that you'll need to wait for) are:

Gardenia rooted

Brugmansia rooted

Butterfly vine rooted

Hosta - green leaves/white flowers

If you have a fragrant azalea to trade, let me know what you are looking for. I may be able to find it and send it to you.

Thank you for sharing any fragrant native azalea.

Comment

Sponsored
Franklin County's Top Choice for Reliable Outdoor Construction