SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
earl37

Wave petunias are not waveing!

earl37
14 years ago

I have planted Wave petunias in the same planter (in the ground) for 4-5 years. The first couple of years they did great. Each year since, they have performed progressively poorer. One year many, but not all, of one color died early, even though they were planted next to other colors that did well. The next year many of a different color died early. So I contacted the original developer of Wave petunias, via their web site (they are not growers, they just developed the plant and sell their patent to growers.) They advised me that one should only try to grow them for 2 years in the same area, and then rotate another plant into that area to rebuild the soil. Nothing about a fungus, or anything about a growth regulator, was mentioned. They got plenty of fertilizer and water, so based on what I am reading in this forum, it would appear that the soil is being depleated, as they say. I live in western Wash. so too much heat is not an issue.

Anyone out there got any suggestions as to organic soil amendments that I might add to the soil so as to be able to replant Waves in the same planter? Nothing else fills the area with so much lasting color at a resonable price.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH