SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
angelundrground

It's Fall, Some plants just started blooming!!! What do I do??

angelundrground
17 years ago

Hey all,

I planted a few plants late in the season. They all happen to be vines. They are Chocolate morning glory,Nasturtium, and Moonflower.

The morning glory and moonfloer started blooming early October and then about 3 day's of light frost came and nixed most of the flowers. The vines and some of the buds are still a great green though. Is there any way I can take them inside for the rest of the Fall and winter till they conk out?

I also have some nice Nasturtium growing on a fence. They made plenty of leaves this summer and grew very slowly. Now they decide to put flowers out!! How cold does it have to get for these to die? I thought they were tropical like and coked out around 60 degrees. Guess I was wrong,lol. Luckily.

So far around here we have had a few frosts but nothing terrible. I still have alot of flowers blooming despite the cold. I guess they are hardy annuals. The lowest temp at night so far is 36 degrees. But usually it's in the low 40's. I live on Long Island and am in zone 6a and 7b.

Any advice on how to keep these guys going would be helpful. I prefer to keep them outdoors but I can bring them in if need be.

Thank's a Bunch,

Erin :)

Comments (3)