SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
erdnuss_gw

I need ideas for pole beans/peas

erdnuss
15 years ago

I don't have tons of space in my yard for a veggie garden, so, to make a long story short, I will be tilling up my main veggie garden, but scattered through out my yard I will have "mini" veggie gardens.

For one area in the yard I will be building a couple of wide trellises and I'd like to grow some pole beans/peas on it. I currently have peas whose vines do not grow to be very long. They are rather short. I was wondering if you guys could help me out with different beans or peas and what the average length is on them.

For pea's, I would prefer the ones with edible pods because I already have seeds for the kind you take out of the pod.

For beans, I just care that they are yummy.

I think it'd be fun to have different types of beans/peas growing on these trellises so I don't mind a mix of tall and short vines but some help would be appreciated.

Which are some that you like the taste of that are 5+ ft long vines? What are some that are under 5ft long?

Thanks for your help! I thought I better start asking now because at the end of this month-mid Feb I hope to get my seeds ordered

Comments (2)