SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sunnibel7

Minnesota Midget Melon etc. days to maturity

sunnibel7 Md 7
14 years ago

Does anybody keep garden records and have an actual recorded days to maurity for Minnesota Midget or other melon?

Last year I grew Minnesota Midget muskmelons and was happy to see them produce. It gave me confidence that I could grow melons! But I wasn't too impressed with their taste, despite a dry month leading up to their harvest. This year I would like to try a different vairety, but my choices will be somewhat limited by the days to maturity. My garden is small and spaces have to pull double-duty so to speak, and there won't be room for melons to go in until probably early June. And they need to be done by the end of August or there's not enough sun to give them good flavor. Every catalog but one gives Minneosta Midget 60-65 DTM, but my records and this other catalog agree on 82 DTM. I think I should be able to grow anything with an 80 DTM, but if what the catalogs say is 20 days off from what I'll experience, well... And if other people are getting Minn. Midget in 60-ish days, then maybe I need to take another look at my light situation out there.

Cheers!

Sunni

Comments (4)