SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sissysimone

What should I do about Gardenia soil

sissysimone
16 years ago

HGI,

OK,

I have seen alot about soil. And I have been learning alot. But ,can someone make this simple for me for just one plant?

I am buying a 60 dollar Gardenia tommorrow,and I am sure if I leave it in the soil that it came in, it most certainly would probably die although it would probably do fine in it, if left in a greenhouse>> They always seem to do better no matter what soil their in, outdoors or in greenhouses. The soil in that container looks awful to me.Looks like it would stay wet to long if not under right conditions in the winter.

Is anyone having sucess growing a Gardenia in good soil?

I live in New Enland and I guess the soil has to be what's best for my area.

Should I change the soil? And what is the best soil to make for this Gardenia? Does anyone have recepie since gardenia like acid soil. What would your soil consist of if you were to rinse all old soil off and put it in a homemade one. I like the ideas of Als soil for all other trees,but I do not feel comfortable using it for my Gradenia. For some reason I feel there should be some peat. Who knows, maybe I am wrong!!I would like a Lite,Airy,Composty, Acidic mix. Since I am older, I will be carrying to the outdoors and then inside. Al's formula would probably work, but then it would be too heavy for me to lift, with all that crushed granite, turface and stuff. In fact I have been using Al's in my smaller plants and they are heavy!!:-). Soory Al, but great soil though for SO FAR FOR ALL MY OTHER PLANTS!lol

I just want my Gardenia in the lightest soil for the optimum growth!This is a big plant!

Sorry everyone for being a pest. I am so afraid to waste my money, and yet I have already killed 3 of them and I want to be able to suceed with this one!

Thankyou.

Comments (11)