SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aindra

Copper Wire's effectiveness on snail/slug?

Aindra
11 years ago

My mom has a small raised veggie garden plot in her yard. It's often raided by snails and slugs. My mom is a "no-effort" gardener - she dumps the vegetable seeds or pieces and then do nothing. If it grows, hooray. If it doesn't, no matter.

Currently, she has persistent chives, unexpected potatoes, random flowers (she tosses any flower gifts on garden surface to die, but some grew back next year.), and new garlic. I'm sure there are some more but I'm not familiar with her garden. Most plants are perennial.

She often complains that her plants would look so good, then next day, wrecked from snails and slugs' attacks.

I found out about the copper wire and thought it would be ideal for her gardening style (just set it up then forget about it.) I'd like to know if the copper wire is worth the expense to build a barrier around her raised plot? Does it really work?

I bought her some veggie-safe slug poison though it's unlikely she'll make effort to use it so I'll probably do it to clear any slug/snails inside the garden if I get the copper wire.

This post was edited by Aindra on Wed, Jan 16, 13 at 11:46

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting