SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
macthayer

How to Store Gloriosa Suberba tubers?

15 years ago

This year (in March) I planted 5 gloriosa Suberba seeds, and am delighted to report that I now have 5 small but very healthy looking tubers! The tops have died back, and I'm not sure if that's because I started them so early, or because we've had a heat wave and I was gone for 10 days and Darling Hubby just isn't as good at keeping things watered as I am (probably the latter! LOL!) Anyway, I now need to store them until next spring -- I assume -- unless there's some way of getting them to restart earlier under grow lights, which I do have available. There is the obvious problem that, right now, there is no such thing as a "cool room". But other than that, how do you normally store the tubers? In plastic bags? Or paper? With or without dirt or some other substance? Do you need to keep them moist or let them dry out? Since this is my first attempt at growing these seeds (and tubers) I am a complete "newbie" on these matters. Any help you can offer would be MOST appreciated! Thanks in advance! MacThayer

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus