SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tcaradine

HELP!! My Petunias Keep Dying!

tcaradine
16 years ago

I planted white petunias in front of my house this spring as a design plan with my small red roses and juniper bushes. They all grew beautifully. Now since it is summer, the petunias have died on the left side of my house. The other side is still flourishing. When I replant petunias on the dead side, in a week or so, they die. I could pull them up from the ground with no problems. It was like the roots rotted or something! I don't know what is going on. I thought maybe it is too wet on one side because the water drains slower there. Do petunias like alot of water? I don't know what kind of petunias these are, but I got them from Home Depot, and they are not the "wave" kind. (what is the difference between petunias anyway??) Both of my flower beds get the same amount of water. I have some verbenas there too, they are doing fine. Could it be the weather? It has been between 80 and 97 degreees here in Northern Mississippi. Are my petunias dying because that bed is by my walkway to the porch?? I noticed some flowers with bites on them in both beds, but the bed on the right side of the house is still beautiful and bushy, even with bites and alot of sun. Now my whole design plan is ruined. I have one side of my house full of white petunias, and the other side has only two. The two that are left are slowly dying too. I am tired of buying petunias. I may have to dig them up and plant something else if it is not too late. Help.

Comments (8)