SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anchuz

container perennials for hot texas sun

anchita
18 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie here, and to gardening. I do have some houseplants, but I wouldn't call myself a gardener. Hopefully, that'll change this season :-)

I'm in north Texas and am looking to grow perennials in containers on my patios. I have two concrete patios in my first floor apartment, one facing west with full sun, and another facing south with partial shade from a tree. I was wondering if growing perennials in pots would be advisable in these two areas, considering the blistering Texas summer. Is it even the right time of year for it, or should I wait till fall? What are some of the plants that might succeed in this environment? Are there specific threads/websites/books you can point me to that can be of help to a beginner such as myself?

I'm so thankful to have discovered these forums.. I've received great advice in the Texas forum regarding annuals (and have asked this question in that thread too.) I've also been learning a lot by reading current and older threads. Thanks for creating (and sustaining) such a fountain of knowledge and enthusiasm!

Anchita

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio