SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
haweha

H.aulicum v.robustum x H.papilio

haweha
18 years ago

I obtain flower scapes from my H.aulicum v.robustum cluster irregularly during the whole year now - the plant is thanking me in its own way for carefull observation and husbandry including - yes (for those people who cannot read it any more: Cover the next two lines with a strip)

watering from below into the soucoupe with diluted fertilizer solution every second day, the quantity being considerably dependent on the weather conditions.

Yes I took the chance and pollinated "late" blooms of H.aulicum with pollen from "early" blooms of H.papilio in Nov.2001

The first plant has emerged its first flower stalk now, indoors (22-32°C) thus indicating that it has inherited its bloom season habitudes or better non-habitudes mainly from the irregularly blooming mother plant

Two firm, upright flowers with emphasized veining.

Marvellous symmetry and elegant formation of the segments of the outer circle. And yes these butterfy wings - the upper segments of the inner circle.

The color - I assume - will not be according to everyone's taste. The warm orange red of H.aulicum and the burgundy red of H.papilio unite together to yield a somewhat dirty cold red as often seen in wilting flowers.

I shall try to self it as well as to back-cross it with H.aulicum v.robustum, in order to separatepure colors again but maintaining an extraordinary unusual shape or even amplify it...

Take valuable additional informations from:

Hippeastrum papilio progenyhref>

Hans-Werner

{{gwi:3507}}href> {{gwi:3508}}href>

The parents

{{gwi:3509}}href> {{gwi:3510}}href> {{gwi:3511}}href> {{gwi:3512}}href>

A remarkable similarity to my previously introduced progeny of H.papilio x (Donau x Ambiance) is obvious:

{{gwi:3073}}href> {{gwi:3411}}href> {{gwi:3418}}href> {{gwi:3419}}href>

Comments (7)