SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
topie_gw

Calibrachoa 'Million Bells' or other annual ?

topie
14 years ago

Hi everyone!

Just wondering if anyone can tell me about their experiences with Calibrachoa/Million Bells or Superbells, and if you think they would be a good choice for my hanging baskets, or if you would recommend something else?

My hanging baskets would hang from a north-facing porch ceiling. The porch gets direct morning sun from the east, shade during the afternoon, and then direct sun in the late afternoon from the west. The baskets would hang from the porch beam closest to the gutter at the edge of the porch.

Because of the amount of sunlight that hits the porch in the morning and late afternoon, and the fact that there are zero trees surrounding our porch, I'm thinking I should go with plants that like sun or part sun...what do you all think?

I'm looking for a long-blooming, cascading-type of annual with white flowers. Here are the options I've been considering:

Calibrachoa Million Bells or Superbells

Lobelia hybrid (a white Lobelia hybrid): Enough sun? Too much sun?

Asarina scandens/Twining Snapdragon: Too much sun/heat/light?

Browallia 'Silver Bells': Too much sun/heat/light?

I'm also thinking I may need to use a different plant for the western basket than the center and eastern baskets. As long as they all have white blooms it's fine. Any other annual plant suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance!

{{gwi:4876}}

Comments (6)